2. What do you think about use of anonymous sources in American journalism today?
I think it is so cowardly. I am a sports fan, and this kind of stuff happens all the time, and it is so annoying. I am a Jets fan, and recently "anonymous" sources claimed that there was a huge rift between certain players and that the team was falling apart. Of course that was told to reports by a player who just didn't want to be the bad guy in front of his teammates. IF you have something to say, then claim it.
As with other branches of journalism, I think they are also weak. I think people need to be behind what gets spread into the media, so that people can ask further questions to that person, so that we don't have to hear people just speculate on the subject. That may be my biggest problem with anonymous sources; they leave everything up to speculation. When speculation enters into the field, many people make comments that can lead opinion in just absolutely incorrect directions and spawn completely false ideas. The last thing this country needs is an anonymous source telling them something that will completely be taken in the wrong light.
No comments:
Post a Comment